Faith has a beautiful meaning, unquestionably believing something that we might not even to check by any means. Humanity, humans who have evolved to be benevolent. How inspirational are both of these terms! However it just seems that when put together the beauty becomes unclear to the beholder, sort of like getting a new pair of glasses, which at first, may give you a light headache too. Everything just spins and we enter a cycle of senseless thought. Listen to the word “humanity”, starts strong, ends weak. Some minds have more faith than others. Corruption only exists in the government, and in the democratic system- you hear people say. Still, they don’t realise that we are all corrupt in one way or another. People kill, people steal, people rape, people break laws. For others, there might be no question. We make mistakes but we all develop into better human beings. We have had racial issues like the Apartheid or the Holocaust, but now our society is different, people have the same rights. Yet the prejudice still exists in our society. Changing laws does not mean changing the mindset of people. To what extent should we have faith in humanity? Now it might be your turn to rethink some of this. Can you see through the lenses? Are they giving you a headache? Perhaps need a change in glasses?
Why do we care so much about what people think? What’s it to you? Think about it. You have the reputation for blah blah blah in school, and so what? Overall why do we care so much? Is it because we think their judgements are right? Sometimes that might be the case. But most importantly I think it’s because we feel awkward or even ashamed to know our names could be crossing someone’s mind at the moment. Let’s go beyond that though. I’m thinking of people constantly, sometimes I see good qualities in them, and other times, even though I try, I can’t help but judge yet that does not necessarily mean the other person is going through an emotional breakdown or whatever. Perhaps the key really is for you to speak louder than the whispers you fear hearing or fear thinking of. Admit it, that sounds rather easy. Louder than whispers. You might as well stop caring. Live your life. Now it is when I have come to realise that not everybody will like you, yet we are all equal. The ones you love and that care for you are the ones that deserve most of your time. Sure thing you can enrich from talking to different people but the ones that stay always there are the ones that are worthy.
Just some thoughts on society right there.
Have you guys never noticed that we made of life this stupid vicious cycle where everyone has to work? I’m not trying to sound lazy, but think about it. From a very young age, children are put in school. The moment they are, they start working, whether it is Math or English, but the point is they’re making an effort to learn. Then, we get older, our responsibilities grow more important. We reach a point where we don’t work for ourselves, but we begin working for others. And others work for others. As we grow older, the amount of work and its magnitude increases as well. We are put under so much pressure at times, that I believe we could even call it exploitation. Don’t you think all this work we’re given kind of takes our lives away from us? Why? Why have we created this kind of society where work is the base of everything, when us, humans, generally tend to be lazy?
We have aspirations, and generation after generation, we aspire to bigger things. For some it might be something inspiring, for others it’s just work, after a while I guess. I’ve been thinking about it and I came to all of this. For example, say that many years ago, there’s a kid and he wants money to buy a ball to play with, so he figures he can do simple tasks at home and convince his parents to get paid for doing so. That’s exciting to him. Now, it would stink if we ended up becoming housecleaners.
But then it’s not only that but also our society needs to evolve; it needs to prosper. If it wasn’t for work, we wouldn’t be where we are now. All of this technology, knowledge, medical research doesn’t come from nowhere. It’s all work. Unfortunately, it literally is unsustainable for our society not to go into that vicious cycle of work.
This sort of reflection comes from me; a teenager who’s fed up with work at the moment. Only if you knew how much I need to get done! But I’m here because I feel like everything is so unbalanced if all I do is study, study, and study. I wanted to think and write a little like I used to, and I’m starting to do again. So really the solution to this work thing is to work, disassociate from work, balance things out and try to enjoy what I do if I want to enjoy my life. Because life is work! And it’s what it’s going to be. If I can’t adapt a situation to my needs, then I should stop complaining and perhaps, adapt myself to the situation; something I always end up doing and also end up finding quite enriching.
Dear 2014 Elisa,
I need to start out by saying that I find writing this quite emotional. I’m getting goose bumps on my arms as I think of everything that I’m about to write. I love you to death and I want you to read this throughout this upcoming year just so you can sort of “keep in touch” with me- the 2013 Elisa.
First things first, let’s look back at this year. It’s been one of the best years of my life so far. The first half was full of thinking about my possible future, uncertainty, and oh god lots of thinking and writing. But most importantly, it was beautiful, I learnt to seize the present and love wholeheartedly. I have learnt the beauty and emotion of friendship. I made the memories I look back at now. Second half was interesting and beautiful too. I became stronger; watched my home turn into a stranger’s house, said goodbye. It was painful yet unforgettable. The pain and the strength were beautiful though, how I said goodbye to my best friends was the best way it could have possible been. Remember? “Alright, let’s not cry because I don’t want you to cry and you don’t want me to cry. Our goodbye needs to be as strong as our friendship, it has to speak for it”. None of us cried, thank you Kai. Oh god, how much I’ve learnt from people! Had it not been because of Kai and I would still be that little insecure girl I was in 7th grade. And Riti. We didn’t cry either. It was hard but worth it, I am tougher now. Perhaps the year I cried the most, but my favourite by far. Look at how it evolved. I quickly learnt that resistance was no good and I adapted because I had no other choice. “Dragging your feet only causes friction-thank you duckling”. Best decision I took, I don’t regret a single thing. I met amazing people, which I’m so happy I got to know. Oh, the beauty of attachments! My roots; my family and my culture. My people. Forgive me if I keep using the word ‘beautiful’, I should try to use synonyms, shouldn’t I? Hahaha! (lovely, marvellous, charming, and whatnot) Oh charming, I love that word; so magical. I can’t help but use the word ‘beautiful’ because this year was just beautiful! If you looked back, don’t you feel like it was like water? Very flowy (not inferring I swam with the stream at all). I adapted to the river channel, and that little bump in the middle had its purpose; it led to an ocean. What a beautiful year! Full of emotion, people, thoughts, and self-development. Don’t deny it girlie, you know yourself it was the best, don’t let go of the memories. Time to look at what you did right and wrong, don’t you think?
I can’t forget to tell you how you were and how you are after the change, because you have changed with the change. Aovubsoubcoau. ß red line! Word sees some spelling mistake I think. Well, in Finland you were determined, hard-working, intriguing, creative, deep, desirous of cultivating yourself, thoughtful, emotional, accomplished, sensible, human a little more closed and awkward so to speak, positive, full of initiative, expressive in your own way, full of life, worthy, more serious and a little proud. I wrote as much as I could because I never want you to forget how you were back then. Don’t forget that people had faith in you, they really did. Even teachers. “Strong persona” “Strong authoritative voice” “talented”. What now? This is on its way to being a new year’s resolution, not saying that I’ll tell you you were shit by the end of the year. Situation and circumstances are things you handled well, but it’s understandable I can’t see how I was before at the moment. You’re more stressed out but that also means lazier. How? – you might ask. When put under stress, we either “fight or flight” and you’re flying away, not fighting against it! What happened to that initiative? It was characterizing. You can’t lose it. You temporarily misplaced it; hear what I’m saying? You are still deep, sensible, emotional, hard working, determined, accomplished and all that. But this second half of the year you stopped doing something, which you found highly fulfilling, you left your blog aside. That’s very positive for you and I don’t know why you forgot about it. It made you think, express yourself, it made you proud, gave you confidence, it was great. Why get rid of something like that? I loved the values I had earlier, and I want you to have them back. You need to organize yourself and go back to your writing routine. I know it’s been both: a time issue as well as a laziness issue. Translation? You tell me smartass. Organize your time and write, it’s for your sake. You need to go down the right track. Also promise me you won’t lose your quirkiness. It’s not like you have lost it, you still have it and I love it but you’re risking it. Write, please write. On the bright side, you’re more open and more social capable. That was expected. A little happier? Maybe. I’d describe it as simply different though, in a good way. Your ideas have developed as you have developed, that’s good too. One more thing, be careful with your studies. You did a great job this trimester and I’m proud of that, 8.7 average (not your grades, but quite impressive considering it’s a new school and all) And you still stand out so yay! I also feel that this second half of the year made you use your brain way too much, perhaps the way to being happier lies in exercising so you can give your brain a rest and your body some work. But definitely go back to your blog.
I’m proud of how you handled this beautiful year and of what you’ve become. But hey, don’t we love making things better? List of goals? Sure thing, why not?
- No procrastination
- Get enough hours of sleep. Quit whatsapp. Try to go to bed at 10:30-11:00- it’s your health
- Talking about health, please eat more fruit and exercise more. Join a gym maybe? Wouldn’t that be great to recover your initiative?
- Average of a 9 for this second trimester. Holy we need to look long term. A year- three semesters! Keep it up, okay? All I ask is for improvement now, not numbers. Keep going higher, there’s no limit as to what you can do
- WRITE. GET BACK TO YOUR BLOG and exploit your creativity
- Focus on your personal project. Don’t leave it all for the last minute
- Balance time out, social life, school, yourself
- Keep loving and holding onto people. Bonds have proven to be important
- We’re going to keep working on the following virtues: helpfulness, kindness, benevolence, loyalty, thoughtfulness, empathy, determination, compassion, which are virtues you already possess. Don’t leave them behind.
- We’re going to introduce new principles to work on this year; enthusiasm, energy, (be real- I fear you’ll become fake),
- Learn how to alienate from stress. You’ll get further if you do. Maybe something on stress on your blog? What do you think?
- Make an effort to keep in touch with everyone you love
- Go into handicrafts and art, I think it will make you more dynamic
Looking back at the short resolution you did last year, some things have been accomplished; The Confidence Project was fruitful. Look at you now! You don’t even get that carried away anymore. How often do you actually cry? Once every two months or something! You’re good to go. This year looks promising, you just need to sort out your time, get things done and enjoy. Don’t hurt people in the way. It hurts to say goodbye to this BEAUTIFUL year but I can’t wait to see what you can make of this upcoming year.
So, I’ve been off for some time as some of you might have realized. I got some comments of people missing me and asking where I’d been. I truly appreciate those and what I really have to say is that there’s a person behind the posts you read, and moving countries isn’t an easy process both mentally and physically. I’m going to talk about all that in my next post but right now I just want to thank all of you for the support, and of course I want to thank the person who gave me this award, that is The Mostly Confused Teenager. She’s a teenage blogger like moi and she has a great blog (which I’ve discovered recently) so make sure to check it out. CLICK ON THE LINK BITCHES. I ORDER YOU TO. Just kidding!
Anyhow, first of all let’s get to the rules of this Liebster award:
1. You must link back the person who nominated you. DONE HEHE
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you. I like this, should be fun
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers. I’m not sure if I can come up with 10 bloggers but I’ll see what I can do 😛
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees. seems good, let’s get to it!
Here are the 10 questions I need to answer:
1) What is your favorite food? It depends on my mood, really. But I’ll go with chocolate.
2) What was/is your dream job? Oooh. I don’t even know what I want to study although I’d love to be involved with something to do with marketing, or writing, or public relations, or. I don’t know.
3) Why did you start blogging? I was really bored one night and I thought that creating a blog could be something cool to do as well as a new experience for me. Later on, I figured that blogging and writing was something I was passionate for, and I started thinking more and more, and sharing my thoughts openly without insecurities on my blog. Simply loved it.
4) If you could change your name to anything, what would it be? Mhm. I have to admit I really love my name but if I had to change it, then maybe it’d be Amalie or Claudia (Claude in English, but I don’t like how it sounds in English). If you asked me why, I’d say it’s because they are names that I’ve liked ever since I was little.
5) Do you go/did you go/are you going to go to college? Why? Yes, because I want to study and I want to learn, and build up my own future.
6) What’s your favorite season? SUMMER. WARM, SUNNY, HAPPY.
7) Do you follow sports? If so, which ones? No, I don’t follow sports but I play them and watch them at times. I play basketball and watch tennis at times.
8) How many hours a day do you spend on the computer? Well, during the summer I haven’t had time to use my laptop at all (internet issues+ I haven’t had the time to) . In fact, it feels weird to type on a proper keyboard. But I used to spend a lot of time on the computer, like a lot. It was insane. Now that I have a smartphone I don’t have the need to check all of my social networks so often. So this year, I’m planning to use it 2-3 hours MAX.
9) What’s your favorite TV show? That is, if you watch TV. I don’t really watch TV shows, I’m more of a movie person.
10) I’m hungry. Oh crap that’s not a question. Um… What’s your favorite book? Hahaha! I’m hungry too! The Hunger Games! See what I did there? No, I’m kidding. I really liked The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
Nominees’ time: http://teeneditingprocess.wordpress.com/
Okay this is it for now. I BROKE THE RULES HOHO. Now the questions you guys need to answer:
1) Favorite color and why?
2) If you could go back in time, would you change and anything? And if so, what would it be?
3) Is there something in your life that you’re really proud of? What?
4) What do you value in life?
5) Have you ever had a surgery or operation?
6) Have you broken any bones?
7)What’s your obsession at the moment? candy crush ohmai
8) one word to describe yourself?
9) biggest virtue and biggest flaw?
10) Favorite joke of all times?
Okay coolioz. I just need to notify my nominees. Let’s get to it!
Hey guys! I know I haven’t blogged in a while but I really haven’t had the time. I promise I’ll blog more often now. I’ll try to get a post every two days minimum. Anyhow, I’ve been nominated for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. Agirlnamedepiphany nominated me, and it means so much to me. So, thanks a ton! Find her blog right here! She’s really awesome and if she hadn’t been nominated already, I’d probably nominate her!
So here is how it works:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 5 Super Sweet questions. These can be found down below.
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post.
- Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other deserving bloggers. (I doubt I’ll do so many because I don’t read that many blogs)
- Notify your Super Sweet nominees on their blog.
Let’s get to this.
5 SUPER SWEET QUESTIONS
1. Cookies or Cake? Both? This is kind of hard to answer. Hmm, to me, cake is for special occasions. Cookies you can find everywhere! And they’re both delicious. But cake… ahh sorry cookies. Cake wins.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate. No doubt. Sometimes I feel like vanilla doesn’t taste like anything. I only prefer vanilla over chocolate if we’re talking about smells (oh my, I love vanilla perfume) but if it’s about taste then what I said. Chocolate.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Ben & Jerry’s half baked ice-cream. It’s seriously something to die for.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? When I’m sad, having a bad day, worried, etc. If I’m happy, I willingly stay healthy and I’d prefer fruit over something fatty and sweet.
5. Sweet Nick Name? Pequebond. It literally means little Bond in Spanish. I think it’s something to do with James Bond? It’s weird. My dad made it up.
NOMINEES FOR THIS SUPER SWEET BLOGGING AWARD
It’s funny because my two favorite bloggers have already been nominated. They are Meehan and TheEditingGirl Anyhow, I do need to choose some bloggers and there are some that just pop out to me. (Only two unfortunately) Here we gooo:
-My best friend, she stopped blogging and now she’s back here again sharing her thoughts with all of you. Here’s her blog.
-And, one blogger that I really like. That would be coolstorybabes. Check her blog by clicking here.